Sunday 22 July 2012

Needling

Needle felting requires a barbed needle to be pushed through wool fibres, tangling them together . In my mind, until recently , needle felting was for making fairies, gnomes and animals or emergency repairs to sort out thin areas of wet felted prices. Not my thing at all. But I was wrong.

In the last few weeks I have discovered what happens it you combined needle fleeting , prefelt and fabrics with wet felting. It is a truly wonderful combination. You can build texture , make three dimension structures and incorporate all kind of fabrics.

Here are few examples of my exploration.

Starting with just white and getting a feel of pleating.

 
 
Adding colour and some points.
 
 
 
Lots of colour and fabrics , with pleats and points and spikes
 

I love these effects and will definitely be trying needling again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment