Sunday 5 February 2012

It is a kingfisher !


My home has a small garden and behind it as is very common in the Netherlands is a sluit, a small canal. Here we regularly see moorhens, herons and the occasional duck.

As winter tightened its grip, my husband, the photographer, reported seeing a kingfisher on the opposite side of the sluit. 
I was a little skeptical, not possible here in Rotterdam, minutes from the highway and the metro.  Once whilst canoeing a quiet Yorkshire river and once in the depths of a Canadian national park , I have seen these beautiful birds. 
Well he is a photographer , so he did what comes naturally and he photographed the little fellow.







 What wonderful colours, and what is so interesting that he is perched just outside my back door.  I am quite amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment