Monday 30 April 2012

A Grand Day out


This weekend I have paid a visit to Floriade.  A once in 10 years horticultural exhibition. 
No felt in sight apart from a multi-coloured hat on a New Zealand lady. I complimented her on her head-ware , but personally I thought it was a bit too hot a day for a felt hat, but then I am used to the Dutch weather

Situated in the south of holland, Floriade appeared to have got its own new motorway junction, unknown to the navigator, and an extensive efficient park and ride system. 


Inside -  well it was truly huge and in many ways a tribute to the Dutch horticultural legacy, and there was masses to see, flower displays, gardens , willow weaving, a fire breathing dragon, and some amazing video installations.


 I really enjoyed the Huis van de smaak. Cooking for children, aimed at getting them to eat fruit and veg and mushrooms. With lots of free samples to snack or smaak ( taste) on. 


I particularly liked.
The stilt insect girls- how did they stay vertical






This Japanese flower display, using the bamboo roots in such an interesting way




And the urban knitting









Wherever I go I can always find the knitting.





All in all a grand day out.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, see your outing was a succes !
    (have a good week ... and a wonderful weekend to come !)

    ReplyDelete