Saturday 2 June 2012

Right Royal Do

This week I have been in the UK and watched the appearance of flags ,and bunting every where

 

I especially like this window display. Very innovative , wouldn't you just love those Wellies.

 

 

Alongside this there are just so many events planed for the forthcoming weekend. Where I am staying there will be a play , a concert, childrens sports, a BBQ, a Hog roast and an ABBA tribute band.This is just a small place .

 

 

Imagine what it must be like in London, with the flotilla and free concert with all the great British stars.

 

Whoa this is some kind of celebration . I guess you don't get so many opportunities as a country to celebrate 60 years reign of a queen, so you should make the most of it. I do remember when in 1977 , the 25 year reign celebrations coincided with the week in which I was 21 . There were some good celebrations then as well.

 

All this patriot fever in the air was beginning to effect me. It was a rainy morning , and my thoughts turned away from walking and to felting. Just on a small scale . I had been given some fibres from world of wool for my birthday , with a goodies bag containing yes you guess red, white and blue . I had a small piece of bubble wrap, a rolling pin and one large plastic bag . Was it possible with this limited equipment to felt. yes of course it is. So here it is my own felted flag

 

 

I really feel a part of it all.

 

3 comments:

  1. HA !!!! Long live the Queen !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want those wellies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I perfect party weekend has been had by all - anyone in wellies was in the perfect footwear.

    ReplyDelete