Saturday 19 January 2013

More than a sketch book

Last weekend I sent off the sketch book I have made from the first two months of my course. This is the first sketch book I have ever made , and its got a lot more in it than sketches.

It's the first one of I don't know how many , maybe 5, so I thought it should have an over view. As my theme is river edges , my over view is a river , with photographs of all the inspirations I have used. This is of course only partly complete.

I have some leaves and ferns both painted and prefelted.

This is just one example as there are lots of other paintings and sketches and felt samples.

I had to research and here is a little snapshot into the work of the photographer Joe Cornish.

I have ended this book , with some of my process photographs, This is the part I find the hardest. Record every step sounds quite easy , but I always forget as I just get too carried away to remember to stop and photograph. Here are some of the steps in the making of my Mekong river banks felt
This is all winging its way to Kate in the UK , and I am very interested to see what she thinks of it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment