Friday 21 June 2013

Miniatures

My current task is to make some minature felts. They can be anything , flat or three dimensional. There are so many options to choose between I have found it really difficult to focus and decide what to make.

I have had a go at some miniature pictures that could be used for cards. First I thought of the biggest picture I could imagine related to my theme. Satelitte images of rivers. They are actually really wonderful colours.

This is part of the Ganges.
 

Converting these images to miniature felts is quite a challenge as the examples below show. I think without the images above no one would know what they are supposed to be. Even with them it's stretching the imagination. But does that matter? I am not sure.

Back to earth I am experimenting with a technique learnt at Feltfull , making jewelry. Here are a some bracelets.

Then I have gone a bit more three dimensional. I experimented with making a small felted sculptures, but I need to explore the technique a lot more before I am happy with it, so I am making bowls. Here again I am experimenting a bit trying out layering colours and cutting holes to give different effects. I have also tried to make two bowls the same - which has worked out reasonably.

I hope by the end of this weekend I will have 12 miniature felts , made up of jewelry and bowls and then I will have finished my miniature assignment . This is my target anyway and then I can go wild with some new ideas at Woolfest next weekend.

 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the felting task !
    The "bowly friends" look cute together ;-)

    ReplyDelete