Sunday 27 July 2014

Quangle Wangle - final details

I think that when I started this piece I had realised how much work was involved in the finishing I might of adopted a different strategy. It probably took 10 times as long to add all the finalizing touches as it did to felt the piece - and I don't even like stitching.

Of course most animals required their eyes to be added that was not really where the time went it was in those animals who required there whole bodies to be embellished.

Here is the blue baboon undergoing a whole body hair removal process as my original attempt at his fur with felted in silk threads looked terrible. Here he is after his make over. Better and I love his orange flute.

The frog just required some definition of his limbs on top of his silky skin.

The orient calf , a famboyant character required his face and some jewel like details adding.

 

He also had a small ribbon used at the wedding ceremony of Laura and Michael added to his plaited tail.

I like the golden touches on the golden grouse. Above are the skinny legs of the stork. Also seen here the Fimble fowl with the corkscrew leg , my favorite character from the whole story.

The finished piece.

I am very proud of it and I hope Abigail Grace Van Gordon will learn to love it and it's story.

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. WOW Jane !!!! missed this because I was away .... what a great piece !

    (Ohhh my you have to make another one soon ?!?!?)

    ReplyDelete