Sunday 6 July 2014

What is the right size ?

I recently saw some felted baby boottees with crochet tops. I thought I'd adopt the idea with a twist and convert a pair I made a while ago into having knitted tops, I used variegated sock wool for the knitting. It worked well. But I wondered about the size , they seemed a little large.

I have a knitting friend, Ria , who has knitted more than 300 pairs of new born baby boottees, since 2006. All embroidered with the name of the baby. What a lovely thing to do. Here's the comparison between the expert Ria's boottee and mine.

Clearly mine are rather on the large size.

So I thought I'd try again.

Here's a comparison of the large and small resists used for the two pairs, the smaller pair do have shorter legs to allow for the knitting.


After completion comparison. Neither the right size , I think one is too big and one to small.

 

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried them on yet ????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Briefly, it's rather hot. The blue are huge and the white a little small. !! I need to make a in between size pair.

    ReplyDelete