Wednesday 31 December 2014

Felting Resolution

In late December I had the very good fortune to attend a workshop at atelier Fiberfusing given by Lisa Klakulak . This was not a workshop about making a wonderful finished piece but a workshop about techniques to make hollow forms. We learned with lots of maths and felting examples.

Here is the tiny piece I made with its three lids. Just waiting for a genie to rub it.

I am now brimming with ideas on ways to improve the felt I make , new things to make and ways to fix previous felt problems.

I also am left realizing the importance of recording what I have done . I knew this and Artybird certainly requires it for all course work , but I do have a tendency to to be a bit slapdash when making things for myself. Progressing my ideas will start in January, tomorrow , and my New Years Felting resolution is going to be better recording of what I am doing.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful little tea pot and the workshop sounds really interesting too, most felt makers shy away from the mathematical approach but the nerd in me quite enjoys doing the calculations :) Can't wait to see if we can see a difference in the felt you make....

    ReplyDelete