Sunday 2 September 2012

A fibre mountain

How has it happened.

How have I come back from holiday with a fibre mountain. I struggle to find room for the fibre I have already and now I have an extra three large bins bags of washed fleece.

Well one is my own purchase at Woolfest, my Mule. I am very proud of it all.

Then I have two bags courtesy of a friend of my eldest daughter. At least they arrived cleaned , so I did not have to run the gauntlet of hygienic dangers in the kitchen . But what are they - now, no- one can remember.

Here they all are, taking the place of the rehomed futon.

My Mule is at the right , quite a lot smaller than the two others and it was enough work.

The fibres feel good to my inexperienced hands and they are British , so that narrows it down a bit. I think I should just get on and felt them and don't worry about their pedigree. I just need to do one felted sample from each . But before that I need to do some carding - well quite a lot of carding if I am to make anything bigger than a sample . So samples will have to do for now.

But in fact I need to get back to my final course work , so this lovely mountain of fibre will just have to wait for a few weeks.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Second we had

 

Ant ideas

 

it's a rl pity if hey have to be anoynmous

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 



 

1 comment:

  1. O dear, o dear, Jane .... isn't there anyone out there with a carding machine ........ !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete