Wednesday 15 May 2013

Finished....... Almost

Well amazingly I have actually finished my panel. Well almost. I haven't framed it , yet but part from that it is finished. I haven't framed it because my tutor , Kate, wants to see it. It is 84 cm x 34 cm so once framed it s a bit tricky to post . It will therefore be posted for assessement unframed then returned to be framed.

I have gone on quite a lot about the preparation process , so here is the details of the felting process.

 

What a mess! All my materials aid out ready.

I first made some Shetland fibre prefelt. The tree had green dyed throwers waste incorporated to be like the moss on the bark . I then stitched bark using green silk on my sewing machine. Trying the follow the lines of the branches and be both regular but random like bark. The reflection was the same prefelt but without the stitching or the moss , as neither of them appeared in the reflection.

The background was different colours of BFL covered in lovely springy Norwegian fibre.

I laid my prefelt on top and then used more wool fibres and lots of silks to give the textures of the grasses , the reflections of the sky in the water and the leaves on the ground.

 

Just the reflection. This piece was so long it was almost I possible to photograph the whole thing on the table and I had to pull my table out from the wall , so I could actually felt it.

This is the best I could manage

Here it is finished.. Almost. Hanging precariously from a door.

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Noooo, nót a mess ! Just a lot of great materials !!! ;-))
    Looks great Jane ! you did a good job with the "reflection" !!!!

    ReplyDelete