Sunday 24 November 2013

Distracted

I have to admit to be totally distracted from starting the second year of my intermediate felt course with ArtyBird by playing with my new sewing machine. I started with the idea of getting a new a machine , thanks to Els , when my old one , which was second hand from my mother and about 25 years old , went from only having the one speed of very fast to not going at all. I did mange to get this fixed but my then I was pretty taken with the idea of a new machine.
So my new beauty is electronic , with lots of nifty features. I have discovered A needle threader , the ability to wind a bobbin without un threading the machine , eyelets , button holes, and all kind of fancy stitches, needle up and down buttons , memories , basting "
So first I played just randomly stitching and testing.
Then I have made some Christmas table mats using this lovely cheery fabric. They still need some gold stitching to finish them .




Then I did a bit of uneven stitching on some felt. This needs to get better !












One of the things I love about living in the Netherlands is all the wonderful , fabric , " stoffen" you can easily buy. Next weekend the big stoffen market comes to town , so that should provide me with some more opportunities to be distracted.
Seroiusly I have received my first second year assignments , and I am sharpening my pencils ready for some drawing.

1 comment:

  1. HA HA ! I know that feeling : you HAVE to try it !!!!!!
    The lettering is great (though best done on two layers
    I think)
    There will be some lovely "Christmassy" items when the
    Holidays are there ;-)

    Oh my : stoffenspektakel ..... and I knów I'm not allowed
    to go there (and yóú'll probably know why ! .... sigh ....)

    ReplyDelete