Sunday 19 January 2014

Stitching and beading

Experiment it said in my course instructions. Take a piece of dyed fabric , add threads and stitching and anything else you like ! So I experimented with a piece of shibori dyed pongee and a piece of orange organza (well I think it's organza).

First I beaded

Then I scrunched the pongee and added threads and fibres in orange , browns and greens.

I felted with a fine grey followed by fine orange layer of merino fibres.

I stitched by hand and added a few more beads.

I went crazy stitching on my beautiful new sewing machine. I still have a lot learn about its capabilities but I am very happy with it so far.

And finally I decided to stop.

I am not sure what it is but in my mind it is a very good experiment.

1 comment:

  1. I love the second and third photos, the beads are like jewels nestling in the silk and the silk pleats are beautiful. The stitching is delightful too and your photos are lovely, very professional :) A very good experiment indeed!

    ReplyDelete