Sunday 12 October 2014

A splash of colour

This week I decided to give natural dying a rest and try using my pleated technique with coloured fabric and fibres. The fabric was all hand dyed. I used a small element of a filterstorm manipulation below as my inspiration.

 

I deliberately went for bold and bight colours , some lime green , hot pink , sunshine yellow and bright blue. My plan as to have these colored elements on a black background.

The elements are bright and bold.

I am very pleased with the finished piece.

Well maybe it's finished or maybe not as I am just contemplating whether to add some stitching!

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Uhhhm let it hang for a while !!! then you'll probably know :-)
    LOVE the texture (and the bold colours too !)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colours Jane! I think it looks great as it is but agree with Els, it can't hurt to let it hand for a few days....

    ReplyDelete