Sunday 5 October 2014

Sculptural Felt International

Yesterday I went to the Sculptural Felt International exhibition at Nagele. I treat for me and a good excuse for my husband to try his new car on a really beautiful Autumn day.
This collection by 12 felt artists from around the world was hugely varied and very inspirational. Well worth a visit , here in Nagele , or at one of the other venues from now to the end of 2015. You can find more information here
I liked it all, but particularly was drawn to the concertina type sculptures of Marjolien Dallinga.
The delicate texture effects made by Rebecca Howdeshell were truly beautiful. I will be practicing my machine stitching.
Chung-Im Kim had created large undulating hangings by stitching felt together , the shapes and the contours were like surrealistic relief maps . Very fantastic especially when combined with screen printing.
These photos give just a glimpse into the wonderfull exhibition. The exhibition artists say that "We felt like crossing borders" When I reflect in what I saw yesterday I think this statement wonderfully sums up this magnificent collection of felt works.


1 comment: