Sunday 22 June 2014

My inner toddler

I have been enjoying myself this week gluing and sticking. I have been using photographs, as inspiration for collages. The official purpose is to explore texture but in my case all I seem to do is use large quantities of PVA glue to make something totally unrecognizable . Perfect to stick on my mother fridge perhaps. However I just learned that when I was a toddler my mother did not have a fridge, so maybe not. This seems amazing now doesn't it , but maybe not so unusual in the UK in 1960. !!

Back to my toddler activities, First I focused on egg boxes and pine needles.

 
 
 
 

Moving on and raiding my fabric stash .

 
This net curtain was very tricky to tame .
Low relief , the easiest I think.

These two collage master pieces , need to be rubbed to create more beautiful art! Well I have tried and out of many attempts I choose these as my entry for the under 5 art competition.

 

 

 

Good enough for the fridge or not?

 

1 comment: