Sunday 1 June 2014

A new beginning ......

Tomorrow is a land mark day for me as I will become officially retired. After 36 years of working as an engineer in the petrochemicals and oil industry I am hanging up my PPE , calculator and stopping attending all meetings. Not that it has all been bad , far from it , but it's time for me to move on.

This last week I have been practicing for my new life, on a final week of holiday. Lots of felting , some cooking and a long walk.

I have also been organising my felting room including separating my knitting books from my felting books.

Knitting still wins shame !.

Finishing felting and knitting WIPs.

 
A felted tree ornament.

Two rag dolls made many years ago by my mother modeling a couple of the baby hats I have completed. Patterns from one of the collections from the talented woolywormhead.

Some carded sky ready for a new project.

It feels good .

What now . Well as we used to say at work , focus and finish!.

Finish my felting course by say October.

Decide where my felting focus will be. This will require some search and experimentation so will not happen over night , maybe September or maybe even December.

Be organized , and have structure to my week. This is little difficult at the moment as I await the birth of my first grandchild , who does not knew anything about planning yet .

And eventually on the medium term move back to the UK

Enough to test my artistic skills and keep my project management skills working I think.

 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching retirement, I am soooo envious. Just imagine, being able to spend up to 7 days a week creating and dreaming up new projects :)

    ReplyDelete